The weather is turning slowly and we are all feeling the chill in the air. Most dream of cosy evenings in front of a fire, tucked up on the sofa, cuppa in hand.
A warm start is what is needed each day before entering the classroom….a warm up of the body and mind.
It is essential to slowly warm up the body and its muscles before starting your lesson as this prepares it to tackle the physical activity of the tasks ahead as well as helping prevent risk of injury.
A proper warm up:
- Raises muscle core temperature which makes movement feel easier.
- Increases endurance and speed
- Causes blood vessels to dilate which aids the transportation of oxygen and nutrients to the working muscles.
- Increases your range of motion by heating the synovial fluid (lubricating fluid) in your joints, improving flexibility.
- Warms you up mentally thereby increasing motivation and focus, improve technique, skill and coordination.